Downloading ChessDBThe latest version of ChessDB will always be found on the Sourceforge web site. It is not placed anywhere else. At the time of writing (2007-02-27), these are the links to the latest versions. I'll try to keep these upto date, but just to be sure, it is worth go to the downloads page on Sourceforge.
Latest & greatest version of ChessDB (beta release)Version 3.6.19-beta-1 is the latest version and was released on 16th August 2007i However, note this is a beta release, so will have more bugs than a stable releate. I try to be honest when I think code may have problems, and so do don't release code as stable when it has any significant bugs if I can possibly help it.
- ChessDB-with-tablebases-3.6.19-beta-1.exe Full Windows installation. Includes both the 3-piece and 4-piece endgame tablebases. (36 MB). This installs in the standard Windows way, with an installer program.
- ChessDB-3.6.19-beta-1-with-tablebases-no-admin.zip Full Windows installation. Includes both the 3-piece and 4-piece endgame tablebases. Does not need admin rights to install, as it just a Zip file. A bit less intuative to install, but anyone should be able to do it (48 MB)
- ChessDB-without-tablebases-3.6.19-beta-1.exe Standard Windows installer. This lacks the 4-piece endgame tablebases, so is much smaller than versions with the tablebases (12 MB)
- ChessDB-3.6.19-beta-1.tar.gz UNIX/Linux tarball. This lacks the 4-piece endgame tablebases. (8.3 MB)
- 4-piece-tablebases.zip Mainly for UNIX/Linux users, as the full windows installation includes the tablebases (29.4 MB)
Latest stable releaseIf you are not so bothered about some of the new featurs in ChessDB, you might prefer the older stable releast. The latest stable source code is ChessDB-3.6.18.tar.gz and the latest stable windows binary is http://downloads.sourceforge.net/chessdb/ChessDB-3.6.15.exe?use_mirror=dfn
Extra filesOn the Sourceforge site there is an extras package, which at the time of writing has the 4-piece tablebases in it along with a few Smith Morra gambit games. I will at some point add some more games too. Note, the latest Windows executable is available with the endgame tablebases in the package, - there is no need to download them twice.
Website administered by Dr. David Kirkby
This page was last modified: September 16, 2007. 11:41:18 am GMT