1.1 Installation overview
Unless someone has done it for you, ChessDB will obviously need to be installed on your computer. The way this is done depends on what sort of computer you have and your choice of installation method. Rather than put all details on one web page the installation has been split up. Most people will only need to read one of either section 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 or 1.6. Most people will not to read them all, so don't be overwhelmed by the amount of information, as 80% of it will probably not apply to you. Sections 1.7 and 1.8 are only for developers or those who are very confident building code that might well be buggy.
- 1.2: Microsoft Windows (binary install from
- 1.3: Mac OS X (from a binary distribution)
- 1.4: Mac OS X (from the UNIX source code)
- 1.5: UNIX or Linux (from the UNIX source code)
- 1.6: UNIX or Linux (from a binary distribution)
- 1.7: Using CVS
- 1.8: Creating a setup.exe (hard and unnecessary for most people)
If you would like to contribute to the tutorial or see anything that should be updated, corrected or improved, please contact David Kirkby. But please note David only speaks English.
Website administered by Dr. David Kirkby
This page was last modified: September 16, 2007. 10:41:41 am GMT